Welcome to First Baptist Church!
Back in 1894 thirteen individuals came together in Princeton, Indiana to form the First Baptist Church. It was their desire to establish a congregation that would have a deep burden for the lost, a commitment to the literal interpretation of the Scriptures, and a proper view of baptism.
Down through the years, First Baptist has held firm to these convictions and witnessed God’s blessing. In the 1930’s the church took a stand against the trend to water down God’s Word and left a denomination that was drifting into liberalism. During that same period, the church held area-wide crusades to reach the lost and revive the saints. It also began using radio and the printed page to spread the gospel message. The sending out and the supporting of missionaries has also been a hallmark of First Baptist—to this day a large portion of the church’s budget is earmarked for missions, and the members continue to get involved in evangelist projects, both local and foreign.
In the mid-1990’s First Baptist began to grow. A second—and even a third– morning service was added. Additional pastoral staff members were hired. The congregation began searching for property to relocate. A 92-acre site was found on South Spring Street in Princeton. The next few years were filled with prayers, building plans, and giving. Morale was high!
Then on April 18, 2008, southwest Indiana was hit with an earthquake. The economy took a downturn. And the century-old sanctuary of First Baptist Church was rendered unfit for occupancy. The congregation had to move into their tiny Fellowship Hall for services. For three years they “made-do.” But on April 3, 2011, after many tears, trials and trusting—they moved into new facilities at 800 W. Faith Boulevard! We welcome you to our new home!