Welcome to the First Baptist Church Music Ministries
- Worship Choir
- If you have a passion for worship and singing for the Lord, then join one of the most dynamic ministries in our church – the Worship Choir. The choir’s primary commitment is to our church, serving as the worship leaders and sanctuary choir during the Sunday morning services (September – May). They also give concerts at churches, perform for community events, and have taken their ministry into a prison and several area nursing homes. The choir presents the “Easter Celebration!”, an annual dramatic musical. This group is open to high school students all the way to senior citizens. Choir members are asked to be faithful in their commitment and dedicated in giving their best effort to this ministry. Being a part of the Worship Choir will not only change your life, but you will be directly involved in impacting countless others for the glory of God.
- WildFire – LightSource Worship Team
- This group is open to all middle and high school students. They use music to present the gospel message. This active ministry leaves a lasting impact on both the students that are involved and all who see the powerful presentations. WildFire leads worship every Sunday morning in Student Bible Fellowships, for special youth events, and during the church worship services.
- Kids’ Choir
- This group is open to all elementary school students in kindergarten through 5th grade. Practices are on Sunday evenings from 5:30 – 7:00 PM. The practices include activities, crafts, and Bible lessons based on the musical, along with drama, choreography, and a time when the children learn and sing the songs. Kids’ Choir sings at Christmas, Easter, and presents their own musical. We know that every child will not grow up to be a musical leader, but we want all children to enjoy music and understand how they can use music to worship God.
- Praise Team
- Vocal worship teams assist the Worship Leader during worship services and are used to enhance the congregational singing.
- Special Music
- Skilled vocalists have opportunities to sing special music during all of the worship services at First Baptist. In addition to vocal solos we also have duets, trios, and small vocal groups. Instrumentalists have opportunities to play preludes and offertories.
- The First Baptist Church orchestra provides instrumentalists with the opportunity to use their God-given talents as we worship our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. The orchestra accompanies the choir and praise team as they lead the congregation in worship. They also play occasional offertories and preludes. There will also be many opportunities for solo and ensemble playing. If you love the Lord, love playing your instrument, and can be faithful to practices and services, contact the church office. A high school level of playing ability is preferred, but younger students are welcome to audition.
- Praise Band
- The Praise Band leads in worship in all of our Sunday services. If you play keyboard, electric, acoustic, or bass guitars, drums or percussion and are interested in helping us lead during times of worship, we would love to plug you into this ministry.
- LightSource Band
- This group is open to all middle and high school students. They use musical instruments to present the gospel message. They also play for our LightSource Worship Night on the fifth Sunday of the month. This active ministry leaves a lasting impact on the students as they prepare to lead the church in the coming years.
- Drama Team
- Through laughter and even sometimes tears, drama can present a Christian message to impact people’s lives. The FBC Drama Team has presented two Dessert Theatres and is also used for our Fall Crusade, Christmas, and other special events throughout the year. First Baptist does a full-length drama production at Easter with a variety of roles for actors.
- LightSource Drama
- Through laughter and even sometimes tears, drama can present a Christian message to impact people’s lives. The FBC Drama Team has presented two Dessert Theaters and is also used for our Fall Crusade, Christmas, and other special events throughout the year. First Baptist does a full-length drama production at Easter with a variety of roles for actors.