When I look in the mirror, I am brought face to face with reality. Reality is not always a pretty picture…until God is properly brought into the life’s equation. Now there is hope! Sometimes I am broken and need the help only God can provide. Repentance is key to forward movement.
There is hope & help in putting to rest the ghost of a guilty past.
entance is key to a CLEAN heart…a NEW start…and a SECOND act.
Repentance is a change of mind and direction…a turning from sin and turning to the Lord Jesus Christ.
“A Christian must never leave off repenting, for I fear he never leaves off sinning.” Charles Spurgeon
What are the ELEMENTS of genuine repentance?
- THE REPENTANT HEART ___________ TO GOD’S ________.
- THE REPENTANT HEART ____________ IT’S SIN
- THE REPENTANT HEART _________ FOR ______________.
- THE REPENTANT HEART ACKNOWLEDGES THE _________________________.
- THE REPENTANT HEART ASPIRES FOR _____________________________ WITH GOD.
- THE REPENTANT HEART _____________ THE GOSPEL OF _______________.
- Why do you think David waited so long to repent?
- What is a defining mark of true repentance?
- What will repentance look like in the life of a Christian child, student, an adult?
- Even after repentance and God’s forgiveness, a person may still experience painful consequences that result from the sin committed. What is the appropriate response to those consequences?
- How public or private should expressions of repentance be displayed?
- What needs to happen in my life this week for Jesus?
Message Title: The Tell-All Heart
Message Text: Psalm 51
Speaker: Pastor Jim Saunders
FOR AUDIO – Click on the player below to Listen Now.